This book is organized into a number of different chapters, covering different aspects of working with Bevy. The is designed to be useful as a reference and learning tool, so you can jump to what interests you and learn about it.
If you would like a more guided tutorial-like experience, or to browse the book by relative difficulty (from beginner to advanced), try the guided tutorial page. It recommends topics in a logical order for learning.
The Bevy Builtins page is a concise cheatsheet of useful information about types and features provided by Bevy.
The book has the following general chapters:
- Bevy Setup Tips: project setup advice, recommendations for tools and plugins
- Common Pitfalls: solutions for common issues encountered by the community
- Bevy Programming Framework: how to write code in Bevy (foundational knowledge)
- Programming Patterns: opinionated advice, patterns, idioms
- [WIP] Bevy Render (GPU) Framework: working with the GPU and Bevy's rendering
- Bevy Cookbook: miscellaneous code examples beyond the ones in Bevy official repos
- Bevy on Different Platforms: information about working with specific plaforms / OSs
The following chapters are focused on covering specific Bevy feature areas:
- Bevy Game Engine Core: important features that don't belong in any other chapter
- Bevy Asset Management: working with data assets
- Input Handling: working with different input devices
- Window Management: working with the OS window
- Bevy 2D: Bevy's features for 2D games
- Bevy 3D: Bevy's features for 3D games