This book is organized into a number of different chapters, covering different aspects of working with Bevy. The is designed to be useful as a reference and learning tool, so you can jump to what interests you and learn about it.
If you would like a more guided tutorial-like experience, or to browse the book by relative difficulty (from beginner to advanced), try the guided tutorial page. It recommends topics in a logical order for learning.
The Bevy Builtins page is a concise cheatsheet of useful information about types and features provided by Bevy.
The book has the following general chapters:
- Bevy Setup Tips: project setup advice, recommendations for tools and plugins
- Common Pitfalls: solutions for common issues encountered by the community
- Bevy Cookbook: various code examples beyond the ones in Bevy official repos
- Bevy on Different Platforms: information about working with specific plaforms / OSs
To learn how to program in Bevy, see these chapters:
- Bevy Programming Framework: the ECS+App frameworks, the foundation of everything
- Programming Patterns: opinionated advice, patterns, idioms
- [WIP] Bevy Render (GPU) Framework: working with the GPU and Bevy's rendering
The following chapters cover various Bevy feature areas:
- General Game Engine Features: general features that don't belong in any other chapter
- Asset Management: working with data assets
- Input Handling: working with different input devices
- Window Management: working with the OS window
- Working with 2D: Bevy's features for 2D games
- Working with 3D: Bevy's features for 3D games